Garlic-Herb Crusted Beef Roast
Garlic and herb spices are the perfect accents for this classic roast. Sliced thin, the time-honored favorite is sure to please your crowd, however large or small they might be.
- 1 boneless High River Angus® Bottom Round Roast, Bottom Round Rump Roast or Top Round Roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic-pepper seasoning
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley leaves, crushed
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Combine rub ingredients in small bowl; press evenly onto all surfaces of your High River Angus Roast.
- Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 325°F oven 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 hours for medium rare doneness.
- Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare. Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 15 to 20 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 145°F for medium rare.)
- Carve roast into thin slices; season with salt and black pepper, as desired.
Cut UsedTop Round
- Difficulty: Intermediate
- Occasion: Entertaining, Holiday, Romantic