Angus Beef Kabobs for Kids
These colorful Angus beef kabobs for kids make grilling easy, fast, fun and nutritious.
- 1 lb. High River Angus top sirloin steak
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12-15 baby potatoes, washed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, washed and seeded
- 1/2 green bell pepper, washed and seeded
- 1/2 red onion
- 12-15 cherry tomatoes
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
You will also need
- 12-15 wood skewers
- Gas or charcoal grill or a stovetop grill
- A big tray
- Slice the meat into thin strips. Mix garlic salt and pepper. Season meat on both sides. Set aside.
- Soak wooden skewers for at least 20 minutes to help avoid catching fire while grilling the meat.
- If you are using a charcoal grill, this is the time to light the briquets in order for them to be hot and ready at the moment you want to grill the meat. You will know they are ready when they change from black to silver-white.
- Cook baby potatoes in salty water over high heat. When they start boiling, lower the temperature, cover and cook for 5-8 minutes or until cooked but still slightly firm. Check them out by poking them with a fork or toothpick.
- Cut bell peppers into 1-inch squares. Cut red onion into 1-inch pieces.
- Pour olive oil over peppers, onion, cooked baby potatoes, and tomatoes. Mix until all vegetables are evenly coated with the oil. If you like, season with salt and pepper.
- Bring all the ingredients together, meat, vegetables, skewers, and tray.
- Cut meat strips in half, so you end with two pieces per strip.
- Take one skewer, insert a piece of bell pepper, then one of the meat strips. Continue with a cherry tomato, one or two pieces of onion, the second meat strip, bell pepper and finish with the baby potato to cover the pointy end of the skewer.
- Place the kabob in the tray. Repeat until you finish with all the meat, creating 10-12 kabobs.
- Grill 4-5 minutes per side or until meat is cooked. If you are using a gas grill or a stovetop grill, time can vary. Don't take your eyes away from it, since the meat will cook fast.
- Difficulty: Intermediate
- Occasion: Everyday, Backyard BBQ, Entertaining, Tailgating