Beef and Chorizo Parrillada Tacos
There’s no time like the present to get together with friends and family. And today we give you a good excuse to host you next get together. This recipe is easy, fast and full of flavor. Besides, who says no to a tasty taco? This Parrillada is made with High River Angus® skirt steak, marinated in beer and seasoned with spices and vegetables, including the spicy flavor of our Smoky Ridge™ Chorizo.
- 1 lb. High River Angus® Skirt Steak
- 1 12oz. Mexican beer
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 Smoky Ridge™ Frankamente Original Chorizo sausage link
- 1 medium white onion
- 1 ½ bell peppers
- 1 tbsp. olive or canola oil
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 bag of 24 taco-style tortillas
- Salsa of your choice
- 10 small limes (optional)
- In a medium bowl, place the steak with the beer and a tbsp. of salt. Cover and place in the refrigerator to marinate for 1 hour.
- Peel the chorizo and cut into small pieces. Set aside.
- Dice the onion and the bell pepper
- On a large skillet heat the oil and sauté the onion until translucent, about 2 minutes. Add the bell pepper and cook for 5 minutes or until soft. Stir occasionally.
- Heat the BBQ or a cast iron grill pan over the stove. Cook chopped chorizo for about 5 minutes or until done.
- Grill the steaks, one at the time. It should take about 2 minutes per side, depending on the thickness. Slice the stakes into thin strips.
- Add the chorizo to the steak strips. Add the veggies. Add garlic salt and pepper to taste. Cook for two more minutes.
- Salt to taste.
- Prepare the tacos adding your favorite salsa and lime juice, if desired.
Cut UsedSkirt Steak
- Difficulty: Intermediate
- Occasion: Everyday, Entertaining