Top Sirloin Cap Au Natural
There is nothing quite like a simple meal of barbecued steak with a garden salad and Garlic Smashed Potatoes. Use Grilling Steak such as Top Sirloin, Strip Loin or Tri-tip if you like.
- Coarse salt (like a Maldon sea salt or kosher salt)
- Fresh coarsely ground black pepper
- Beef Grilling Steak, (e.g. Top Sirloin Cap, Top Sirloin, Strip Loin, Tri-tip, Tenderloin), 1-inch (2.5 cm) thick
- Garlic Smashed Potatoes (recipe follows)
- Season steaks lightly all over with salt and pepper.
- Grill over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes, turning at least twice, for medium-rare doneness 145°F(63°C).
- Let steaks stand for 5 minutes before serving with Garlic Smashed Potatoes.
- Garlic Smashed Potatoes: Boil scrubbed 3-inch (8 cm) new potatoes until just tender. Drain and cool slightly. Flatten each potato slightly with your hand, keeping potatoes intact. Brush generously with your favourite salad dressing and season with some minced garlic, salt and pepper. Grill about 3 minutes per side or until crispy and browned.
- Difficulty: Easy
- Occasion: Everyday, Backyard BBQ