Skillet Ground Beef Stroganoff
So tasty and so simple. All the flavours and satisfaction of a traditional beef stroganoff recipe without all the work. Serve over broad egg noodles.
- 4 cup (1 L) broad curly egg noodles
- 1 lb (500 g) Extra Lean Ground Beef Sirloin or Round or Extra Lean Ground Beef
- 2 cup (500 mL) sliced mushrooms
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 oz (284 mL) can condensed fat-reduced cream of mushroom soup
- ¾ cup (175 mL) light sour cream
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Worcestershire Sauce or Dijon mustard
- Chopped fresh parsley and paprika
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Cook beef, mushrooms, onion, red pepper and garlic in same pasta pot until meat is thoroughly cooked and any liquid has evaporated. Stir in soup, sour cream, 1/4 cup (50 mL) water and Worcestershire sauce; simmer 10 minutes.
- Serve over hot egg noodles. Garnish with minced fresh parsley and paprika.
Cut UsedGround Beef
- Difficulty: Easy
- Occasion: Everyday